Air shows are a little more rare these days likely due to a combination of logistics, cost and the extraordinary level of commitment it takes to be involved in aviation as a sport. A decade ago, there were air shows at many local airports as well as the big shows in the international airports such as Stewart International in Newburgh. The New York Air Show returned last year to rave reviews in spite of a dark start with the pre-show death on a pilot. This years show imptoved attendance from last years 15,00o to over 17,00 on the Saturday of this past Labor Day Weekend and similar crowds on Sunday. Enjoy these pics. The challenge is to capture the noise, color, intensity and drama of the show in an image. Camera used is a Canon 5D Mark iii with a 24-105 F4L and a 100-400 F4.5-5.6L lenses. The pilots and crews had a blast. The fans and photographers did too.
About The Author
July 17, 2014
August 24, 2016
March 29, 2017
- Photo of the day by Jason Fontana
- Frozen lighthouses in Michigan by photographer Thomas Zakowski
- Photography Cheat Sheet
- 9 photo composition tips Featuring Steve McCurry
- Functional Clothing for Photographers
- This weeks inspiration comes from Marshall Lipp.
- Beauty by Rino Stefano Tagliafierro
- The Jefferies’ Stories